The treatment has been fully explained to me including the risks involved. I have been informed that complications might include, but are not limited to:
• Perforation of the canal with instruments, which could result in the need for additional treatment, root canal surgery or the loss of the tooth.
• Instrument breakage in the canal, which may require re-treatment, root canal surgery or extraction.
• Incomplete healing, which may require re-treatment and/or root canal surgery or extraction.
• Post-operative infection, which may require additional treatment and/or the use of antibiotics.
• Tooth and/or root fracture, that may require additional treatment or extraction.
• Post-treatment discomfort, numbness of the soft-tissues of the mouth.
I am aware that the condition of the tooth will worsen and that other systemic (medical) problems could possibly develop if the recommended procedure is not done. It has been explained that other treatment options might be possible, such as, tooth extraction, and followed by fixed or removable bridgework, or placement of dental implants.